Thursday 2 May 2013

Hi it’s Wendy Smith here,
I was so excited when Mel gave me the opportunity to be a guest designer from her product.. super cool products!


I absolutely love the way the raw material turns out once the resin is dry. It produces a fabulous ‘vintagey’ cream colour that is perfect for natural/neutral toned layouts!
Here is one layout using the RAW product:






But then I decided to have a bit of play with colouring them. I misted the Dahlias with Mr Huey’s mist and let pool in the holes of the flowers and then let it dry over a period of time. With the Bird, I sprayed with Mr Huey’s and then wiped it off so that on the creases were stained.




And then finally I decided to play with some gesso and paint. I used black gesso to cover the Filigree Heart and Dahlia and then once that was dry I smeared some red paint over them randomly.
So there you go, 3 very different effects and 3 very different results.I just love all these layouts and think the Resin embellishments add something really special!








Thanks again Mel for getting me to design with your gorgeous products

No comments:

Post a Comment